Monday, June 19, 2017

Finding a Groove

There have been a lot of changes around here. I've posted about some of them. Posting here and other places has been inconsistent, but I'm working on that. Part of it is I am trying to find my new groove with what's going on. Things are just very different, schedule-wise, to what I've done for the last 15 years or so. It's getting better. I'm starting to find a groove. I'm working on finding a place for everything.

Time for work--that's a set schedule, so this is really what I'm having to work around. Time for sleep. Time for my family. Time for my kids' school--we are still homeschooling because that is something that I feel is super important for our family. Time for art--this has been and remains to be my day-to-day stress relief.

What still needs to happen is to organize that time, so that I get things posted here in a consistent manner. It's about being mindful of what needs to be done, and it's also about regrounding myself temporally. The one thing I've had the most trouble with adjusting to with the shift to working nights is time--as in, what day is it? I find that I lose days at a time. I look back and realize that I never posted here on Wednesday or Friday and it is now Saturday. Oops. So, I'm having to work on my awareness of time.

But anyways, I'm working on finding my groove. I'm trying some new ways to organize the things I want to see finished and when I want them done. It's a lot of trial and error. We'll see how my plan for this week goes. We'll see what works and what doesn't. Then I'll adjust it for next week. It's slow, but there's progress. I may not be posting here consistently, but I'm posting. I may not be sharing a lot of WIP stuff, but I am getting things done. =D If this week goes well, maybe I'll get some WIP pics posted Wednesday, and I'd love to share our Animazement fun on Friday--I have a review of the convention I want to write up, and I have a post planned on the cosplays we put together for the con. If this week doesn't go how I think it will, then maybe those things will come next week. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment