Friday, October 13, 2017

What I'm Watching - Fairy Tail

I'm even more behind the times with this one. I finally sat down to watch Fairy Tail. I've made it through the 48 episodes they have on Netflix. I enjoyed it. I'd love if Netflix had more of it. Now, I know I can watch it on Crunchyroll, but I can't get the Crunchyroll app on my tablet, and my tablet tends to be what I watch this stuff on as I often run it while walking on a treadmill and similar activities. (Side note: if anyone knows how to side load the Crunchyroll app onto a Kindle Fire 8, please let me know.)

Fairy Tail reminded me of a cross between One Piece and Slayers. I had watched a couple of episodes years ago when it first came out and never got into it. I never got into One Piece either. It's just not my thing. I did love Slayers though. Now that I have a treadmill so I can exercise even when it's abysmally hot and humid outside, I've started watching more things on my tablet, which is cool because it's been a while since I've been able to watch much of anything. Now if only Crunchyroll would work on the tablet...

I enjoyed Fairy Tail, although it took a little while for me to really get into it. I initially did not like either Lucy or Natsu, and given that they are 2 of the main characters... They have grown on me though. I like that they've made Lucy a stronger wizard because at the beginning she seemed weak compared to the others, and she never seemed to contribute much to their adventures. She got better--I especially liked her episodes with Loke. My favorite characters are Loke and Gray. I also like Erza and Levy a lot. I'm hoping I get time to watch more on Crunchyroll, or maybe Netflix will release more of it, because I'd really like to see more of it.

I won't say Fairy Tail was particularly brilliant, but it was still good. It was a fun series, which kept things generally positive--like the heroes were able to win most of the time. It's one of those feel-good series, and that's the kind of thing I've been really enjoying lately. Life is dark enough; I prefer to keep my entertainment on the lighter side.

No comments:

Post a Comment