Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WIP Volume 39

 So, what have I been working on since Anime Mid-Atlantic? The short answer is, not much. I cleaned up my craft room, which was a disaster area after 2 conventions. I have been working on a couple of commissions, one pretty much finished and just waiting on final approval before I print and mail it:

 The other, still very much a WIP. Aside from life being relatively non-cooperative with the amount of project time I've had, I'm taking my time with this one. This commission is for a mascot for the Chesapeake Bay Dive Center. When it's finished it will be printed on t-shirts for them--honestly I'm a little nervous about that (like many artists, I do no always feel like my art is that good, although I try not to voice those doubts very often) but I'm fairly excited as well. The store owner moonlights as a mermaid--I am learning that this is a very interesting subgroup of the cosplay world who take becoming the character (usually their original design mermaids) to a whole new level. I think it looks like a lot of fun, plus the photo shoots look amazing. You can see the young lady I'm drawing for on her Facebook page, here. Right now I'm still trying to get the sketch to some place where I'm happy with it. The arms are going to be leaning back on the dive center logo...

Aside from those commissions, I'm working on bags--like that Fluttershy one I made a couple of months ago for myself. Remember how I said a while back that I'm changing the focus of what I'm doing at the studio here? Well this is going to be one part of that. Here are fabric samples for 6 different bags. The first pic is of fabric samples for 3 bags: one will be fanart-ish (no character art, just in design style) and the other two will just be pretty, although there's a pretty good chance that at least one of them will end up with a panda appliqued on it, cause, you know, pandas are awesome. =P The next two pics are of fabric samples for 2 pony bags--see if you can figure out which ponies are going on those bags. =D The last pair of fabric samples are for a bag that is going to be mostly a collage of my art with those 2 fabric pieces filling in as needed. Maybe next week I'll have some finished squares to post. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment