Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Animazement 2013

I spent Memorial Day weekend at Animazement in Raleigh, NC. This is my home convention, so to speak. I've been attending it every year since 2000, with the exception of last year, but that was Sophie's fault. Over all, I had a good time. I won't say it was my best Animazement, but it was far from the worst (that'd be the villains cafe year). I'd have to say the Slayers year and the FMA year (I identify years by cosplays worn because I can't remember the actual dates) tie for best. Anyways. I spent the entire convention at my table in Artist Alley. I stayed pretty busy--not necessarily a bad thing. =P

Friday was packed with people from the moment we got there at about 9 a.m.. This surprised me. I did not expect things to be that crowded that early on Friday--also not necessarily a bad thing. It did make things a bit chaotic when it came to setting up my table, but I had some awesome friends who helped me pull everything together. I spent Friday evening and pretty much all day Saturday drawing commissions, which was fun. I was probably better prepared for this convention than I ever have in the past. I actually had a flip book with commission information, samples, and pricing--credit for putting this together goes to my husband. This kind of thing was a first for me--not commissions, but having the information readily available for anyone who might have been interested. Anyways, that pretty much sums up my convention in a nutshell.

The downside of being so busy for most of the convention was not so many pictures. I saw some really fun cosplays, although unfortunately, no pictures. =( My favorite cosplay that I saw all weekend was a guy cosplaying Zoicite from the live action Sailor Moon. =D That was amazing. It was followed closely by a group of dwarves (Thorin, Fili, and Kili). I'm really motivated to try and put together some more cosplays right now. Curse you, cosplay! Why do you have to be such an expensive and time-consuming hobby? D= I have lots of great ideas but not enough time to make most of them happen (not to mention funds). You never know, though. Stay tuned. Something might happen this summer. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment