Monday, July 10, 2017

Animazement 2017 - Part 1

Animazement 2017

... was a blast. There are no other words for it.

I cosplayed--for the first time in years.

It was refreshing.

The costumes weren't anything brilliant. Friday's were very (obviously) last minute. But I had fun--and that's the most important part right?

Friday, my daughter Sophie dressed as Princess Aurora. It was a dress she had gotten as a hand-me-down from her cousin. She loves wearing it, and I thought Animazement would be an excellent excuse to wear it. Last minute, I decided to put together King Stefan and Queen Leah costumes for my husband and I -- because Aurora has a complete set of living parents and why not?

Saturday and Sunday, my husband and I and Ty, my oldest son, cosplayed as the three Marowaks from the Alolan fire trial (Pokemon Sun and Moon). A friend of ours came along dressed as the Hiker from the trial as well. This was a lot of fun. Technically we had Sophie dressed up as a Salazzle, but she wouldn't keep the costume on, so meh. You win some, you lose some.

In the end, I had a great weekend. I am going to post more later on con-going with a smaller child and on some of my great finds in the Artist Alley.

No pictures from Friday; I will try to find some. But here's one I found of us on Saturday:

No comments:

Post a Comment