Monday, September 18, 2017

Mysterium

Mysterium is one of the new games we picked up after Magfest. I think it might be my husband's new favorite game.

For those who don't know what Mysterium is, it is a tabletop game that plays a bit like a mix between Clue and Dixit.

There is one player who plays the ghost of a murdered person. Everyone else is playing psychics who are trying to figure out who killed the person, with what, and where. The ghost knows, but can't talk. What the ghost can do is share cards with clues on them to help the psychic players figure out what happened. The cards have strange pictures on them, so it's not usually obvious what the ghost is trying to communicate. You have a certain number of rounds to figure everything out. It's cooperative, so everyone wins or everyone loses.

I hate hate hate hate playing the ghost. I did it once, and no one, not one, ever figured out what I was trying to communicate. I might have given myself a concussion from hitting my own head on the table in frustration. My husband, on the other hand, loves being the ghost. I guess this works though, because I'm 100% content to let him have that role. Overall, it's not my favorite, but it's still a fun game.

No comments:

Post a Comment