Friday, September 29, 2017

What I've been Watching - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Aside from catching Wonder Woman before it left theaters, I'm as usual behind the times. I finally got around to seeing Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I have to say: It was not what I expected.

I had been led to expect it to be meh, especially compared to the first. This seemed to be a reasonable expectation. The first movie was excellent. It is a well known fact that sequels hardly ever hold up to the original. Most of my friends who had seen it, had confirmed that although decent, was hardly anything to get excited about.

So, I expected it to be meh. Except, it wasn't. I found it funny and very entertaining. This surprised me because I usually find incessant bickering annoying, but for some reason this one didn't. My theory is that Quill calling Rocket "Trash Panda" tickled my funny bone, so I think I was more inclined to find the rest of the movie amusing following that scene.

I liked the way the handled Nebula and Gamora. Quill's father was obnoxious--maybe that's where Quill got it from because his mother seemed decent. =P

There were some parts that were less polished. There were some weak elements to the plot and the way the story progressed. My opinion on this is that if you're looking for a movie that is brilliant, then this isn't the movie for you. You need to go find one of those Oscar award-winning dramas that the critics like. Over all. Loved it. I laughed my butt off, which I needed so badly. Life needs less stress and more laughter. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment