Monday, January 21, 2019

Something New

During Animazement last year, one of the lovely people who came by our table gave us the idea to start putting together some videos. That was several months ago. Some of our plans were delayed by my health problems. We have been throwing around some ideas on what we might do. 

Per request, we have considered doing some recorded play-throughs of video games. We have also considered recording my drawing process, tabletop game instructional videos, or recording Team Sidequest playing D&D. We've thought about making a vlog. Most of this would be peppered with our sense of humor, which can be seen in many of the things we create.

We have debated whether we should stream on Twitch or just record videos for YouTube. What we are leaning toward right now is a bit of both: stream and record on Twitch, but we will put an edited version of what we do on YouTube. YouTube will have our more polished product, but for those interested in the process or seeing raw footage, there will be Twitch. 

So, when will we be streaming and/or posting these videos. Well, we are still working on a schedule. The most awkward part is finding something we can do consistently. My work schedule is a bit weird and follows a two week rotating schedule. It basically works so that if I'm off one Monday, I will work the next, and it's like that for every day of the week. This means that I will not be available to stream every week on the same day. Whatever schedule we decide to stream on will probably follow a similar 2-week rotating pattern. So, for example, if I decide to stream on Wednesday one week, I will not be streaming on Wednesday the next week, but maybe I'll stream on Thursday that next week. The week after that, I will stream on Wednesday again. This may sound a little confusing, but to make things simple, I will keep a schedule of upcoming streams posted on our website and on the Twitch channel. Videos will go up on YouTube ever couple of weeks, as we get them put together. Ideally this will be more often, but I'm keeping my expectations conservative at this time, since I'm not sure what kind of time commitment this will take. Looking forward to having some fun with this.

You can find us at GothicPandaArt at both locations: 

https://www.twitch.tv/gothicpandaart and 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeJdfJRAw6l18x7wjO3AEzw

No comments:

Post a Comment