Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Welcome Back

It's been a while. I've been ill, and it turns out I'm allergic to most of the meds they like to put you on for the stuff I've been dealing with. Shaun has been ill. Shaun had to work an overload at work--as a teacher, this means he's teaching more than a full load of classes. 2018 was not a great year for us. All of this has also made it difficult to keep working on art or anything fun while keeping up with our day jobs. That also made 2018 a not so fun year because doing nothing but being sick or working sucks. I have high hopes that 2019 will be a better year. I'm trying to keep my goals and plans reasonable because at this time we both still have full time jobs, and we are still dealing with some of the medical issues from 2018 (better than last year, but it's the kind of thing that takes time to manage/recover from). So, here are some things we're going to be doing (or trying to do this year). I'm excited to see what actually happens.

1. Blogging: We are going to try and get the blog back up (again). I want to go back to regular posting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 

2. YouTube: We are going to try and put together some YouTube videos. Especially for the first part of the year, this will be experimental and something we will be playing around with, seeing what works and what doesn't, but since Shaun's field and area of interest is in film, he's been itching to get back into production. We may do some Vlogging. I may do some live drawing or crafting or whatever. We may do some game play throughs--we have gotten a request to do Doki Doki Literature Club. All in all, not sure what exactly will show up here or will come from it, but I'm definitely curious. I will post here if/when we get this up.

3. Art: Since this is an art studio, I, of course, plan on creating some art. Because I am limited on my ability to travel this year and taking everything is also difficult, I am going to be limiting most of my new creations this year to smaller items: badges, buttons, and bookmarks. I think this will keep my table space from being so cluttered because I am going to keep it to just 1 table. It's also easier to travel with the smaller items. Most larger items (mostly prints) will be available online only. Ideally, I'll be able to get 1 new piece done each week, since I will be mostly working on smaller pieces. That may be a bit ambitious, but we'll see. 

4. Other things: There are, of course, a lot of other things I'd love to work on. I have a lot of print ideas, and I may work on a few of those even if they're not my focus for this year. We also have a couple of games we are working on (a card game, a 5e version of Anime D20, and an app). I would also love to make some costumes because I miss cosplay. I'm also going to try to post more regularly on Social Media. I'm not really a Social Media kind of person, but since I won't be attending very many conventions, this will be my only way to interact with people, so I'm going to have to figure this stuff out. Ideally I'll post consistently around Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr, which are the sites I have accounts on for now, but right now, posting at all could be considered an accomplishment. =P I'd also love to see my website regularly updated, so that the content on it is more accurate. This would be good since I've been moving away from Etsy, and I plan on selling directly from my website. 

5. Manic Mysteries: This will be a 6-12 episode (at least 6, but we might write more) audio series. This is one of those just for fun projects that we've been working on off and on for the last year. Hopefully we will have the first 6 episodes ready for release starting this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment