Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday WIP - Edition 1

Since my last WIP post, I have finished the Seven of Wands. Sadly the Moogle looks about the same. The wings are still giving me some trouble. I know I'll get it eventually, but I would rather it be sooner than later. =P So, what's in the works right now? Here are some of the current projects:

The Eight of Wands: This one is still in the concept art phase--the part where I try and dig up good reference pictures and decide on how I want the picture to look. This one looks like it's going to be one of those where I stick the movie in the DVD player and pause on a full body screenshot, since online searching has proved fruitless. So, who am I trying to draw? The Eight of Wands represents someone who is caught in a war, and although this could apply to many many anime characters, I am drawing Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. Why Howl? Because he's my most favorite Miyazaki character ever. He is in a war that he doesn't really want to be stuck in, so he does fit the card's description. But for the why Howl over other characters, the answer is purely because I'm a big fan of Howl's Moving Castle--if I ever had a girl, I would name her Sophie. =D On a random side note, the book, Howl's Moving Castle, is awesome too. If you haven't read it yet, you should.


Baby Blanket: A week ago from Monday, I decided I wanted to make a blanket for a girl in my church who is expecting her first baby. Not only did I decide I wanted to make a blanket for her, I decided it would also be finished by her shower, which happens to be this Sunday after church. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment; I should have been satisfied with having it finished before the baby is born (May some time). The blanket consists of 99 squares with alternating pink and white flowers. Thankfully I did not pick a pattern with an elaborate border. x_x; As of this morning I have 60 squares finished. *dances* Yah! And, only four days left to finish the whole thing. @_@ *dies* In any case, I think it's safe to say this is what I will be doing for most of the rest of the week.
Finished 60 squares. Final will be 11x9 (99 squares).

No comments:

Post a Comment