Friday, April 15, 2011

Being Sick Sucks

Seriously, being suck just plain sucks. I apologize for not having a post for Wednesday--had planned on featuring WIPs for Howl, new plushie, blanket, and cosplay project (well maybe not all of those, but was going to put up a couple of them). Needless to say that didn't happen. I spent Wednesday mostly in bed feeling weak and ill. Spent Wednesday night/early Thursday morning throwing up--I won't go into details there, but let's just say it wasn't pleasant.


Yesterday, I spent my time curled up on my couch doing what I always do when I get really sick--as in so sick I really have to shut down and not do anything. I watched all 5 hours of A&E's Pride and Prejudice. I love Colin Firth. I love Jane Austin. I love that A&E followed the book almost verbatim. To be honest though, I shouldn't say "watched"; it was more like listened to or snoozed through. I of course woke up and watched my favorite scenes.

My habit of watching Pride and Prejudice when sick started about 4 years ago. I used to watch the 2-disc series annually (since about 1998 when my RUF lunch Bible study group introduced me to it). A few years ago though, I was sick, and couldn't do anything--reading made me ill, playing video games were worse, and even opening my eyes made me nauseous. I hadn't had my yearly dose of Pride and Prejudice yet, and it's an excellent series to listen to--I could just curl up on the couch with a blanket, shut my eyes, and listen to the wonderfully witty banter. At 5 hours, it also helps the time pass faster, another excellent thing when sick. Since then, whenever I get really sick, I stick that series in.

Needless to say, I am very glad that I am feeling better today--I ate breakfast 2 hours ago, and it's still down; that's a good sign. I won't say I'm back to 100%, but today's a definite step up from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment