Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why Am I Here When I'm on Vacation?

So, I'm at the beach right now--we're at a house my in-laws rented at Oak Island, NC. When I left, I thought I'd take a bit of a vacation from networking, Etsy, my work, and all that stuff. Ok, so I packed a lot of yarn and some drawing paper, but that's just in case I get inspired with a new design, and face it I just like playing with yarn (maybe I'm part cat). Needless to say that has not happened, although it might be a bit easier if they didn't have internet here. On the plus side of that, I'm happy to be typing this blog from my laptop rather than from my phone.

This leads to the question: why the heck am I still on the computer, still checking Etsy, still chatting on social network sites, and still working on stuff for my shop/art tables? The quick and easy answer is that this is really what I do for fun, and I don't honestly need to come to the beach for a vacation--we're here because my in-laws love the beach, we get to spend time with them, and the kids love it. I could take it or leave it--personally I'd leave it. XD My ideal vacation would be at a ski resort.

Also, it's worth asking: technically I've brought my work with me, but can it really be called work when I have so much fun doing it? Face it, this is what I love to do. It would be more punishment to have to put it down for any length of time. Sometimes I take days off to avoid burn-out, but I could also call that research, since I tend to spend those days watching anime, reading manga or "real" books, or playing video games. I think I'd be hard-pressed to find a better job. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment