Wednesday, August 10, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Random

This is not Wednesday's regular blog post. This is just a funny story about what happened to me last night that I wanted to share.

Yesterday we had to leave our house in Garner at 4:30 a.m. (I don't think I need to go into how I felt about being up that early). My husband had an 8:00 a.m. dentist appointment in a town that is a 2 hour and 45 minute drive away. I know that's a long drive, but that ties into the whole move thing we had to do the end of July. We're being optimistic that our house will sell soon, so we're not moving dentists, pediatricians, scout troops, or anything back up here unless we absolutely have to. It will mean some difficult days, but I'm hoping they won't be many and that soon we'll be able to move back to closer to where my husband works.

Anyways... We spent yesterday running errands and taking care of stuff in the Misenheimer area, and we ended the day by taking the boys to Scouts. After scouts, we left for home. About an hour into our drive home, we saw flashing blue lights behind us--never a good sign. We pulled over. It turned out one of the front headlights on our car was out. So, the officer gave us a warning ticket, told us to fix it, and we were on our way again. About an hour and a half later (less than 5 minutes from home), we saw flashing blue lights in the rear-view mirror again. We stopped. The officer walked up to our car.
"Are you aware you have a front headlight out?" he asks.
....
"Yes sir. In fact, we got pulled a little over an hour ago for the same reason."
"Are you kidding me?"
"Nope. Here's our warning ticket. We're going to take care of it first thing tomorrow."
We hand the ticket over; he looks at it and laughs. He notes the county we got the ticket in. We add that we are on our way home. He checks the address. "Wow. You guys almost made it back." I think we made his evening. It was funny for us too, since it wasn't anything major. Really, what are the odds that we would get pulled twice in less than two hours for the same thing. Incidentally, driving down the road we live on, we passed another car with just one headlight. I wonder if they got pulled last night too. So, that's my random funny story. I'll post my regularly scheduled WIP post in a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment