Wednesday, February 1, 2017

WIP Wednesday - 2017 - Volume 1

I've been a bit out of it the last year. School really ate a lot of my time. Now that I'm not doing that, however, I am free to get back to art. =D I have so many ideas and plans for this year, but I'm not going to go into those specifically here. ;-) Suffice to say that there will be a lot of fun stuff coming this year, including a more up-to-date blog!

So, for the first round of WIP for 2017: One of the biggest series I will be working on this year is going to be majorly expanding my Character Archetype series. There will mean there will be more characters. All old characters are going to receive new art and will be put into new formats. I am revamping my badges! No more laminating. I am investing in a printer that will print directly onto a plastic badge tag. I am super excited about this. I will be funding the printer myself, but I'm planning a Kickstarter for stocking supplies and what-not. Here are a few sketches for the new badge designs:
Angel, Bondage Villain, Bunny Girl, Exorcist, Drunken Master

The above designs will have profiles on the back. The fun part about the way I'm setting up these new badges is that I will be able to allow some customization, like choice in colors for the character on the front or making the back profile more personalized. There are also going to be two print series stemming from this set--one of which is related to the Magic Girl Noir picture I did a couple of years ago. The other is more comedic, and will hopefully have a preview of some kind for next week's WIP post.

Along with the badges and prints, I'm planning several books including a series of mini-comics. The mini-comics will be short 28-page comic books featuring one of the characters from the Archetype set. Here is a preview from the Angel Mini-Comic--yes drawn the old fashioned way with pencil on folded pieces of paper.




So, yeah, 2017 is going to be full of fun and new art for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment