Friday, September 23, 2011

Team Haberkorn!

A few months ago, I was contacted by a young lady who said she was working with Todd Haberkorn to organize a fanclub for Todd. If anyone remembers the super secret project I mentioned a few times in August, this is the project. She wanted me to design badges just for the club. I'll get into that a bit later.

For those of you who might be wondering who Todd Haberkorn is, and why anyone might want to be a part of his fanclub, Todd is one of the top voice actors for FUNimation. He is responsible for roles like Death the Kid from Soul Eater, Italy from Hetalia, Ling from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Hikaru from Ouran High School Host Club. He's voiced a lot more characters than just these, but that's to give you a sampling of his work. If you want to read more about Todd, feel free to check out his Wikipedia page or his listing on IMDB. You can also find more on the Team Website: http://www.teamhaberkorn.com/.

Needless to say, I was very excited to be asked to help with this project. I was asked to draw a chibi of Yamato, who happens to be the first lead character voiced by Todd. I made the design into a badge, which will be available to purchase (actual badge does not have the T.H. watermark on it) at all of Todd's signings for $5. A portion of the proceeds from this will go to the Acadiana Humane Society; in fact, a portion of all money Team Haberkorn brings in, including funds from memberships, will go to Acadiana Humane Society, a no-kill animal shelter in Louisiana. I am also told that the Yamato badges will eventually be available from the Haberdashery, an online shop for Todd Haberkorn related merchandise. If you're at all interested in any of Todd's work, the membership is actually a really good price, since you get a T-shirt, button, lanyard, and a few other goodies, along with access to a weekly podcast that Todd produces. This was a fun project to work on, and I look forward to doing more for Team Haberkorn.

Side Note: I wasn't paid, bribed, or even asked to write this post. I just wanted to share some of my personal enthusiasm for this project. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment