Monday, July 11, 2011

Moving Update

I posted Friday that there was a 50/50 chance that we might have to move. Now there's a forecast of 100% chance of moving, so I have 2 weeks to pack up and move most of a house into storage. I can't say I'm super excited about this, but it's just one of those things. I won't bore you with the details of the whole mess. The simple version is the housing market sucks and after a year of trying to sell our house while renting another much closer to where my husband works (like 3 hours closer), our house still hasn't sold and we can't afford to pay for 2 places, so we're moving back into our house and will just have to deal with a very long commute.

Obviously this will have some effect on my crafting world. I am trying to be very careful packing right now so that all (or at least most) of my crafting supplies stay available. I still plan on continuing to work on the many projects I've posted about in the last several weeks. The real challenge is going to be learning to keep my crafting mess *very* contained since our house will still be on the market. Basically I'll have to somehow craft while making it look like I don't craft--in other words, it should look like one of Martha Stewart's craft spaces, except I don't get to hire anyone to help clean up after me. =P

Packing is going very well so far. Because of the situation, it's forcing me to be 100x more organized than I usually am. Naturally, I'm actually a very messy person--not that I don't like clean, just that I don't notice that messes are in progress until they've consumed everything; maybe it's just part of being an easily distractable, compulsive multitasker. Cosplay projects tend to be the worst--at least with my art, since I do most of it digitally, and my crochet I can only make so much of a mess simply because of limited supplies. Really, how much damage can I honestly do with a crochet hook and a ball of yarn? Ok, so I could make a huge mess if that ball of yarn multiplied into the 7 balls of yarn that are now sitting next to my computer with 4 different crochet plushies in various stages of completion--if that's doesn't count as proof that I'm a chronic multitasker then I don't know what does. =P Considering what I do with just yarn and crochet hooks, imagine the mess a cosplay project makes with all the patterns, fabric, thread, needles, and notions, and that's all just for clothing parts; it doesn't take into account materials and tools for making props.

On that note, I am going to *try* to make the Suzaku and Euphemia cosplays for Anime Weekend Atlanta. We'll have to see how this goes. I'm going to have to really keep on top of things and avoid cosplay clutter; if it's not working, I guess I'll have to "shelf" the project, which will make me sad. Hopefully, that won't have to happen. =D I can be optimistic about this, although I still have my doubts. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment