Friday, July 8, 2011

Week in Review: Countdown to the end of July

20 days till Otakon.... You've got to be kidding me. That's less than 3 weeks away. *insert panic* Combine this with the fact that our lease ends July 31, the last day of Otakon. I won't go into details but there's an approximately 50/50 chance we'll be expected to be moved out of the house we're in by that day, and we won't know for sure for another 2 weeks whether we're leaving or staying. *insert more panic*

So yeah... I'm more than a little stressed right now. That said, this is going to be a fairly short blog post for now--I can't even remember what I'd planned to post today. XD Since we might be moving, my husband and are going ahead and going through things and "packing". We're cleaning out and getting rid of--throwing away or donating--anything we don't need or can't use. While we're doing that, we're boxing up stuff in a nice organized way, at least as organized as I can manage. This is really a good thing whether we move or not because I've really been needing to go through all the junk we've collected over the years--I confess to being a packrat, and there's a lot there we really could do without. Also, since we don't own this house, there is a lot of stuff that has to stay boxed up because I don't have any place to put it at the moment--it's worth noting that we had an option to purchase this house in our rental contract so that when our old house sold (it hasn't yet), we could turn around and buy this house, and then I could "remodel" the extra room in this house to be a proper workspace for me where all those boxed up supplies would have a home. So, in this case, just because it doesn't have a home, doesn't mean I don't need it--in fact, it's been a royal pain because there's a lot of stuff I do need but can't find because of the mess of boxes in that extra room. Anyways, sorting through everything and re-packing is a good thing whether we move or not.

On top of all that, we're still preparing stuff for Otakon; it's definitely turning into something awkward given the lease situation. I'm still going though; I paid for the convention and the table, plus I have baby-sitters arranged for the weekend. I'm not sure how much of what I planned I'll actually be able to get finished before the convention. I still want to work on stuff; it'll help keep me sane with all the stressful house stuff going on. =) However, July is probably going to be a lite month for blog posts. I'll still try and post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; I should be able to keep up with the WIP posts at least, but the other posts might be a little on the short side, and if I disappear for a day or two, you'll know why. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment